Thursday, December 19, 2013

Deathwatch Project

Hey guys, sorry i haven't had much to post this week. There hasn't really been any major news to report so far and i have had a really crazy past few weeks with work also. I figured i would share an update on one of my projects I have in the works right now. A while back i posted about Deathwatch and how i wished they had some rules and things to bring such a neat unit to more peoples tabletops. Anyways I set out to build some Kill Team units and here is where i got so far....


This squad was the first i built. Didn't really take much. I used stuff from my vast amount of bitz along with a box of Sternguard Veterans and a few clampacks of the Deathwatch kit that GW carries. They will look a lot more interesting once they are painted i believe as right now its a bit hard to distinguish which chapters they are from, but I'm hoping they will turn out well. I love being able to make each model look dynamic and unique and Deathwatch Kill Teams are the perfect excuse for said modelling style.

This squad is a jump pack equipped Kill Team, built from a Vangaurd Veterans box, Deathwatch kit, and again, a lot of extra bits I had lying around. I may end up building more for these but I'm not sure right now. I tried to make these ones have a very threatening look about them where i could. Points wise this unit is totally absurd, but again, I was going for cool models before anything else with this. :)

This is where my progress is right now on a second Kill Team unit. Only four built so far. most of the parts for this are comprised of Tactical squad legs and torsos and then plenty more bitz. I plan on expanding this based on how these turn out at the end, but ideally i would like to add a dreadnought and a converted Terminator Squad also. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment