Thursday, January 16, 2014

Raising an Eisenkern army

For those following the releases of Dreamforge games, I recently picked up a few boxes and did a little article about them. This is going to be one of my many projects moving forward, and i figured id show my progress on them so far. I picked up 2 20-man boxes and an infantry accessory pack to start out with, but plan to add much more once its released. Here's a little look at what i have so far and how the models look. :)

This first picture is just to show you what the box art for each is like if you haven't yet had a chance to check it out. Pretty nice packing all in all. Each box comes with some simple to understand assembly instructions, which are color coded so as not to get them mixed up. This makes picking the right arms very simple and easy to remember.

So far i have assembled almost an entire set of one of the 20 man boxes, which i have broken up into 1 10 man fireteam, a commando unit, and the beginnings of a second fireteam. Since they have no rules as of yet, i assembled them in a way that made the most sense to me. Hopefully i wont be too far off the mark when the rule-set is released in future. The 10 man squad below I equipped with assault rifles, while also giving one model an anti-tank missile, and another a squad support weapon so they have a more well-rounded capability. The squad leader is the one at the front with the tactical display hanging over one side of his helmet lenses(see below)
The commando unit i made pretty much on a whim because i thought the idea of it made sense and just looked cool. All are equipped with SMGs, some of which come with an underslung grenade launcher, to give them a bit extra punch that may have been lacking. I still have to attach extra ammo pouches, etc to each model, but those i will do once i have built all the infantry themselves. A LOT of pouches come on the infantry accessory sprue and are definitely more than enough for at least 2 to 3 units of models. Also, there are more leg options than there are torsos, so there is more opportunity for adding dynamic poses to your models. The model at the front has some of the SMG ammo pouches and a combat knife added to his gear as you can see below. The models to the left and right of him have the grenade launchers.
Once I have more time, I will get some paint on these guys again and post some more updates, but as of now this is the ones I have done that I like most. As you can see, the detail is really good, and for those who want to, these make great conversions for games such as 40k Imperial Guard units if one can be bothered doing the work. I myself am going to keep this a separate project and wait for more Iron Core details though as i like these as a separate army on their own. When i can eventually get my hands on one of the sweet APC kits I will post that up also. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment