Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Primarch Vulkan up for Pre-order

Hey guys, I know I am a bit late to the party with this bit of news, but I couldn't very well call myself a huge Salamanders fan if I didn't at least dedicate an article and some time to talking about how awesome this model release from Forge World is. Easily my most anticipated Primarch release for obvious reasons, I am super excited to finally be able to get him for my army. :) Links to more pics and info below.


So this picture pretty much says it all for me. They really did a good job of evoking the strength and power of Vulkan in the way they posed his model; legs braced, his hammer held aloft ready to smite his foes. There is a lot of details to his armor and this will no doubt take me a long time to paint, but it should look really nice by the end if I do it any justice at all. 
Another view more from the rear shows Vulkans armor power plant, complete with Fuel cells for his gauntlet mounted flame weapon. Also gives a decent view of the Drakescale cloak and the basing details of the dead Death Guard Legionary at Vulkan's feet. Additionally, that Drake skull looks amazing on his shoulder armor.
Another view of the Drakescale cloak, with a nice shot of the hammer and of the Drake skull again. I seriously cannot wait to get this model. As with any big fan of the original legions, be it 40k player or 30k players, these Primarch releases really are a wonderful addition to your collection, whether you like the Horus Heresy or not. They seem to give more of a sense of completeness to ones army by finally being able to add their Lord Commanders to them. I will definitely be putting this guy center display in my display case once i finally get him and paint him, along with his bodyguard complement of Firedrake Terminators :)

No comments:

Post a Comment