Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up and a new project.

Hey everyone, apologies on not getting a post out this weekend. My computer was having some technical issues, but all is well again :) So this past weekend saw the release of the new Dark Elves rulebook and 1st wave of minis. I have to say, after talking to a friend who plays the army, it seems like it is still going to be a really fun book to play. On top of that, the models released so far look really good, the Hydra/ Kharybdis is a particular favorite of mine. A good suggestion one friend made for those who are a bit sad about the price of the Sisters of Slaughter combo box, was to use Dark Eldar Wytches as the models instead, having a cheaper price tag, and requiring only minimal conversion. In other news, after finishing reading the Black Library book, Deathwatch by Steve Parker, it inspired me to start a new project. Deathwatch Marines.......

Having a bit of a hobby for making rules for armies not well covered in 40k as a side project, i started on a Deathwatch list, with options and rules. I did this also with a Salamanders one which is extensively fleshed out already but has been on hold for a little while. I dont do them for profit or anything, but i like to experiment with fleshing out such ideas and seeing how they work, along with building models for them, etc. I always loved the ideas of specific army rules before the era of current supplements existed and wished GW would do more with them. Now that they finally are I'm pretty excited to see where it leads, but i also like to do my own since not all will be done any time soon.

I will post a bit more about my progress on said projects in the future more. This is but one of a few i have, but with my imagination it doesn't take me long to put all my whacky ideas onto paper :) I hope everyone has a good week. More to follow soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment