Monday, September 23, 2013

What to expect and an introduction

Being the first post, I figured I would cover a bit about what to expect upcoming on the blog. Having been a hobbyist for more than 12 years of my life, I've been an avid gamer and lore-nut when it comes to Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe, not to mention a bit of a model conversion freak at times. I made this blog to put out some ideas an thoughts on all things related to Games Workshops main game systems, but also just hobbying within wargaming in general. I also hope to get some input from some of the local gamers from my local GW retailer, all of whom are good for fun articles and insights into the various aspects of wargaming, be it in strategy, conversions, painting, or just plain old rumors and opinions on various products.

At my local store I tend to be of the belief that we have one of the best gaming communities in Games Workshop's vast international network of stores. Obviously every store is prone to the odd irritants who are abrasive personalities to say the least, but for the most part, we get great participation on events, such as Armies on Parade, Escalation leagues, and any other events that are run, such as conversion contests and such. We has the highest entries per store for Armies on Parade ,with the exception of Warhammer World itself this year. Having such great participation breeds a wealth of information swapping on all manner of hobby related points, and hopefully much of this can be shared with the wider community here.

Anyways, I don't want to ramble on any further, with that I leave you with a picture of my very own entry from armies on parade for 2013. :)


9 comments:

  1. Smurfy (Travis) here to be the first to defile this site with the taint of Chaos

    Tee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, for those who don't know me, not much to be said, I browse the Blogosphere around 40k, I can be usually found in the 3plusplus.net chatbox (da bawks) idling, hashing out ideas, or trollin'. I also go to this store this guy goes to and have the opposite demeanor in-person, as a true 'Net troll works right?

      Anyways, that's about it for now.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. This site has been offcially infested by the Tyranid menace.

    Good luck man.

    Question: what kind of posts can we expect on this blog in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a little bit of everything. articles on conversion projects, gaming, rumors, fluff insights, etc. hopefully some painting articles once in a while too.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Good luck with the Blog, and I would highly recommend deleting comments like the above. Clearly he is an idiot and you do not need that type ignoramus on here.

      Look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

      Delete
    3. welcome to the Blog friend, I hope the posts will be of interest. There's plenty more to come. :)

      Delete