Friday, February 7, 2014

Kharn The Bloody up for Preorder

Hey guys, this isn't exactly breaking but i felt the need to post, as its a really nice release to finally have. So the team at Forge World have finally released the Horus Heresy vision of Kharn. This has been an eagerly awaited release for both 30k and 40k players alike, as the current model of Kharn is - despite still being a good model - getting a bit long in the tooth. A better look at this release can be seen below.

So first things I noticed with this model was the change to the plasma pistol and also the helmet which Kharn carries. There is 2 helmet options and also 2 weapon options in this kit. One helmeted and one without, while the close combat weapons are Gorechild and the Cutter (a notched cleaver-like blade) respectively. The bare headed Kharn option definitely depicts the uncontrolled rage of Kharn well, but i feel like it takes away some of the aura of invincibility that the helmeted version has. (He looks more like a machine of death than a man with his helm on i feel)
Also noted is the base that comes with the kit, having another casualty option added. I think this a fitting addition for this kit for those who like to have these displayed when not being used in games, and Kharn should definitely have a fitting amount of destruction displayed around him. When i look at the armor more I really like the look that they went for with it. It's a bit less Chaotic than the current iteration in 40k, but still very cool looking, but Im not sure I am as sold on the helmet that comes with this model though.
While I do realize that the helmet is more fitting of a captain and stands out from the other versions, I honestly think that it kind of makes it a little confusing. If this was on a table, and someone looked at it, could they really tell immediately that this was Kharn? I'm not so sure. Obviously for some, the lack of armor on his arms may be a signal, but to me the iconic thing about Kharn aside from his axe was his crested helmet. I think for me, I would probably kitbash this with the current model and use the current models parts, except for the plasma pistol and helmet if i was going to use him as a current gen Kharn. I think a combination of those kits together would really complete the look very well, but again, that's just my thoughts on it, I still think it is a great model, I just feel that if I bought it, I would change a few little things.
How about you guys? what do you think of this new Kharn model? Yay or Nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment